Integrating SCCM 2012 application Requests with the SCSM 2012
One of the solutions that Microsoft has made available is the "Application Approval Workflow", a plugin that allows the integration between SCCM software catalogue 2012 with the approval process of the SCSM 2012.
This feature is critical for companies where is made the implementation of the two products. We still have the two portals (SCCM and SCSM), but when selecting a software in SCCM portal is raised a requisition in the SCSM that interacts with workflows (workflow) for approval of the application by the it staff to the user.
The Application Approval Workflow is available at this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29687
Their functions can be displayed in the list and in the diagram below:
- Synchronize the applications published in Configuration Manager with the Service Manager catalog
- Monitor the soliticações in Configuration Manager Application Catalog generating a service request in the Service Manager
- Returns the result of passing Service Manager for Configuration Manager
- Allow administrators to create user groups with specific permissions and filters for approval
- View and generate reports of approved applications installed on clients
Below is the information requirements:
- System Center Service Manager-2012
- System Center 2012-Orchestrator
- System Center Configuration Manager-2012
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x 64-10.0.30319
- Integration Pack for Microsoft System Center System Center Service Manager 2012