Update: Microsoft Certifications Renewed – Understand What Changed and Enjoy Promotion 2×1
Yesterday in an announcement closed on Microsoft Learning Partners (CPLS) Microsoft has released the new rules and certification policies.
Some I had commented before when the new track to SQL Server 2012 https://msincic.wordpress.com/2011/11/19/treinamentos-oficiais-e-certificacao-para-sql-server-2012/
We go to a summary:
- Return the old names, with the change in the ultimate acronym: MCSE = Microsoft Certified Solution Expert, MCSA = Microsoft Certified Solution Associate, MCSD = Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
- At the basic level, MCSA is not necessary, but Expert levels (MCSE/MCSD) recertification is required every 3 years, Microsoft product lifecycle
- The MCSA turns a base with common to different specialisations, exams being easier to get upgrade
Advantages of the new model:
- Returns terms known market are clear hierarchy. The current term MCTS and MCITP (specialist) (Professional) don’t leave unclear what was greater among them
- The MCSA becomes common basis, which is not the case with many current MCTS that are the basis for only one or at most 2 MCITP requiring the candidate has to do many examinations
- Unlike the numerous MCTS today, MCSA is low numbers of titles. According to Microsoft will reduce in 85% the number of certifications
Follows the example of the MCSE certification, already in the new Private Cloud model:
To ensure that the current tests do not suffer a fall of demand Microsoft is creating a promotion where the candidate will be one of the current exams and earn a new equivalent examinations automatically called 2 x https://www.bsf01.com/creatives/prometric/Microsoft_TwoForOne/TwoForOne_Home.aspx
Update on 4/22/2012:
Starting with the release of new certifications is already being viewed in the transcripts in the case who was equivalencia MCITP Server Administrator is to have MCSA Windows 2008:
Remembering that the validity or expiration of a certificate is only valid for the "Experts" or MCSE.