Exam 70-669 – Microsoft Desktop Virtualization
Today I passed the exam 70-669 covering desktop virtualization technologies from Microsoft. He is the second of three required exams for the MCITP on virtualization.
I will detail the 4 key technologies that are discussed and some examples of questions. Obviously my examination had a part of possible questions and I will not pass exactly the scenarios nor the options.
Follow study materials required for this exam:
- Read the free ebook Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_press/archive/2010/02/16/free-ebook-understanding-microsoft-virtualization-r2-solutions.aspx available in detailing the conceptual part of the Microsoft virtualization technologies
- Read the IPDs (Infrastructure Planning and Design) of technologies involved in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc196387.aspx
- See all topics of content of the examination for discovered topic leave in conteudo do exame para não deixar nenhum tópico descoberto http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-669#tab2
APP-V (Application Virtualization)
This is the technology that Microsoft acquired some years and was named SoftGrid. The concept of this type of technology is very interesting, but despite taking the name of virtualization is quite different from templates in the Hyper-V and MED-V. Is formed by the App-V Manager and the App-V Sequencer.
Work begins to "tell" an application and create a package. This process is nothing more than a monitor when it is started is to copy all that happen on a desktop. After starting it we do the installation of a software and at the end we have a package (package) ready with all files, registry keys, and shortcuts.
Examples of questions about the App-V:
- A package was corrupted, what is the best way to solve?
- As you would to distribute a package without having the App-V Manager on the environment?
- What is the tool to guarantee updates in the package without redistribute it?
MED-D (Enterprise Desktop Virtualization)
The MED-V is nothing more than a BOT and image manager for Windows Virtual PC in Windows 7, and is formed by the Manager and the MED-V Workspace which is on the desktop.
This tool will allow Windows XP images created with applications to be distributed among users. For example, imagine that two certain applications do not run in Windows 7 and may need to use the XP Mode. The MED-V will help distribute, update, and track these VMs.
Examples of questions about MED-v:
- How to convert the existing MED-V for Cluster?
- How to optimize the distribution of images of MED-V over the network?
- How do I prevent the MED-V consume much disk space on the server?
RDS (Remote Desktop Services)
The RDS is the Windows Terminal Services 2008 and dispenses with great explanations. However, it is important to remember that it is composed of several components: RD Gateway to ensure access by internet, RD Web Access to create the application portal by the browser, Dr Broker to distribute and manage affinity between farm, RD Session to keep the profiles of users.
It is important to remember very well the roles and how each one relates to the other and what is the best way to work with these roles in an enterprise.
Examples of questions about RDS:
- As a framework for servers with multiple roles, which one would be placed on the Desktop Connection?
- How to ensure that a user’s printer is not redirected to the remote session?
- How to prevent a pendrive is mapped in the remote session?
- Which ports and additional services must be enabled between the roles of the RDS?
VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
This technology can be easily explained as a junction of the RDS with Hyper-V to create virtual desktop environments. You can create multiple VMs of Windows 7 on Hyper-V and by AD Users and Computers to link users to the VMs when they access through RDS.
This was part of the examination that had fewer questions, since the Microsoft VDI process is extremely simple to be created and configured. It is also not easy to find documentation on this, but there are many videos on Edge.
Examples of questions about VDI:
- How to make the "per-user licensing" and "per-device", repeal of one or another and implement?
- What is the best way to transfer data from one VM to another?
- How to make a shortcut to appear for all users?
TechNet Portal: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/ff945049
Is it ai, good examination and tell me if passed!!!