Installing the System Center Configuration Manager R3 Beta on Windows 2008 R2
Hey guys, today I downloaded and install the SCCM R3 that was released for the influencers and testers approved at the end of last week, since on 02/06, a Wednesday 12: 00 will be along with Wesley Fernandes Webcast about what’s new in SP2 and R3 (https://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/webcasteventdetails.aspx?eventid=1032444323&eventcategory=4&culture=pt-br&countrycode=br)
The additional steps to install on Windows 2008 are below, but I noticed a strange limitation. You cannot install the SCCM R3 in a System Center licensee, i.e. you will need to download the trial version (EVAL) with SP2 before you can install the R3. Strange, but that’s right.
So, here’s a little guide for anyone who wants to install the R3:
- Download the trial version of SCCM SP2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3318741a-c038-4ab1-852a-e9c13f8a8140&displaylang=en
- Install prereqs in Windows 2008 R2 by Service Manager: http://www.marcelosincic.com.br/blog/post/instalando-o-system-center-configuration-manager-2007-sp2-r2-no-windows-2008-r2.aspx
- Feature of IIS 7.x (Windows 2008) to run reports: http://www.marcelosincic.com.br/blog/post/instalando-o-system-center-configuration-manager-2007-sp2-r2-no-windows-2008-r2.aspx
- Download and install the R3: https://connect.microsoft.com/site16
- If your test server is a DC: http://www.marcelosincic.com.br/blog/post/instalando-client-do-configuration-manager-no-windows-2008-r2-(Domain-Controller) .aspx
Is it ai, these weeks I’ll start doing more tests with the R3 and tour soon.